Access Dental Care Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The team at Access Dental Care takes the safety and health of both patients and staff as the highest priority. The current situation of the coronavirus disease is devastating and impacting our community, and all of our lives.
During this emergency, we all have an equal responsibility to change how we live our lives and refrain from doing many activities we did prior to this outbreak.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 and maintain safety, at Access Dental Care we are:
- Increasing personal protective equipment (PPE) for all dental procedures, including surgical masks, eye protection and gloves;
- Increasing all infection control procedures in our clinics;
- Increasing all cleaning procedures, including wiping down all surfaces with antibacterial wipes and having antibacterial hand sanitiser for both staff and patients;
- Screening all patients with questions prior to appointment;
- Reminding staff and patients about the new hygiene protocols and policies we have implemented.
We request that any patients and staff that are deemed high-risk to the coronavirus disease, to refrain from coming into the clinics for any unnecessary treatment.
If any of the following apply to you, under the health guidelines by the government, please reschedule your appointment and quarantine yourself:
- Have had recent contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Have returned in the last 14 days from overseas travel.
- Have any flu-like symptoms, including a cough, shortness of breath, fever or sore throat.
If you answered yes to any of these, then please isolate at home for at least 14 days.
At Access Dental Care we will continue to provide dental treatment to the best of our ability and care.
However the government may ask for the closure of all non-essential services, which includes all but our emergency dentistry services.
In the event of a dental emergency we will still be available, as emergencies must be dealt with before they worsen.
Dentistry via Skype or Zoom Video Conferencing:
If the closure of services is put into action, then Access Dental Care’s team will continue to provide patients with needed consultations through online video calls. These will allow our dentists to help provide solutions and information regarding dental issues. These online calls will also allow our team to prepare for a future dental appointment with you.